Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For

So, I am probably going to be a day or two late on my weekly BUMPdate this week, but I did want to at least make a quick post today to share a little bit of what I am thankful for.  With today being Thanksgiving, there is no greater time to take a moment and reflect on all the wonderful blessing that God has giving me over the past year.

A year ago, Scott and I were 9 months into our TTC (trying to conceive) journey, and even though we were technically on a "break" because our focus for a few months was weight loss & not babies, I never really let our family plans take a true "backseat" in my heart or mind.  As I mentioned in my very first blog post, I had such a struggle with us not getting pregnant right away.  There was so much stress that I had in my heart thinking that this would just "never happen for us" and while I now know that was the enemy attacking me and depressing me, it was a very tough time in my life.  I remember thinking last year that all I wanted to have next year was a baby, or to be pregnant and it felt so distant and impossible to reach.  Now here we are a year later, and I am 26 weeks pregnant with a beautiful, healthy baby girl and that simple fact truly brings tears to my eyes.  In the despair that I felt a year ago, God knew all along that in less than a year we would have our miracle.  He held every prayer of mine in His hands, and in His perfect timing everything worked out  for us to get pregnant!  How amazing is our God! 

Words cannot express how thankful I am for Emma and for the healthy, easy pregnancy that I have had.  I never could have imagined or planned this pregnancy to go any better than it has gone.  We have been so blessed in that area, as well as the outpouring of love, gifts, and support from our friends and family for Emma.  I am so blown away by it all!!  To say that I am thankful would never be enough to describe how I truly feel, but it's a good place to start.  

Of course, there are many more things in my life that I am thankful for.  My amazing husband who is a constant support in my life.  He is always challenging me to be a better person, to pursue my dreams, and to grow in my relationship with the Lord.  He has been so wonderful to me while I've been pregnant, and to see his face light up talking about our baby girl makes me fall even deeper in love with him.  I am so thankful for our beautiful home that is truly God's handiwork for us to be living in it.  I am so thankful for my family who are the best support system in my life.  I also couldn't be more thankful for my truly amazing friends who have stood by my side through the years and been there for me in ways that no one else has.  I am so thankful for my job and how completely blessed I am there.  God has given me so much favor and blessing there that it's remarkable! The list of things could go on and on forever and ever, but this is just a small summary of the things that I really wanted to give God thanks for today!


Every year on Thanksgiving I am always blown away by everything that has happened in a year's time and today is no different.  I look back over this past year and I couldn't have planned things to be any better than they are.  I know sometimes I get caught up in the things we still need or don't have, but when I really take the time to think about all that I do have, WOW! I couldn't ask for anything more.  Everything I have been blessed with are things that some people search and want for their whole life long, and here I am at 24 and have so many things that I prayed for all my life.  And for all of that, I am truly, truly, THANKFUL!




Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!


Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...